INVISTA is the owner of many brands and products that you likely use every day. As part of the INVISTA team, you can join in the development of innovations to improve clothing, carpet, luggage, plastic bottles, automobile interiors, airbags and more. Our portfolio of global trademarks includes LYCRA® fibre, COOLMAX® fabric, CORDURA® fabric, ANTRON® carpet fibre and STAINMASTER® carpet. Headquartered in the U.S., INVISTA has a business presence in more than 20 countries and is one of the world’s largest integrated producers of polymers and fibres, primarily for nylon, elastane and polyester applications.
Fabric and Technical Apparel Specialist – CORDURA® Fabric Brand, European Region
Location: Gloucester, UK
INVISTA has set the goal of sustaining a world-class level of performance and we are looking for the right candidate with a high motivation and ambitious drive to join our Performance Solutions, CORDURA® brand team. This role will support brand customer growth, and help develop/promote technical performance fabrics used in a wide range of apparel and non-apparel applications including workwear, military uniforms, athleisure, footwear and outdoor/active sports.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of market needs and technical fabric trends within the textile value chains supporting European Military, Workwear and Outdoor segments.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key influencers and decision makers at the apparel and equipment brand level for target market segments.
- Understand technical fabrics in order to support the initiation of fabric developments as well as promote the value and differentiation at end user product level.
- Support marketing and development activities through relevant industry and trade events.
- Identify value creation opportunities for the CORDURA® brand in line with business strategy.
- Identify and communicate overall market trends and insights to the business team to help enhance strategic thinking.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or Textiles or related scientific field
- Textile industry experience – particularly technical fabrics
- Demonstrates clear thinking skills and the ability to analyze and simplify complex situations and data and make sound judgments
- Ability to prioritize decisions and development activities based on long-term economic thinking
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis, including overnights and occasional weekends.
- Full Driving License
- An understanding of ingredient brand development in B2B environment
- Fluency in one or more European language as well as English
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a detailed CV in English along with a covering letter indicating their salary expectations to Naomi Johnson at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the job title and reference code in your application.
For more information on INVISTA, please visit www.INVISTA.com.