CORDURA® + Struktur Studio Collection
The CORDURA® + Struktur Studio Collection is a capsule collection designed for the modern outdoor woman by Michelle Rose, an industry leading designer from Struktur Studio.
The vision for the collection is anchored in hybrid, chic and easy-to-wear activewear. An alternative to “ultra girly” – something that is strong, sophisticated and with a minimal color palette that speaks to the urban, outdoor woman.
- A loose, anorak jacket designed for both comfort and harsh weather with CORDURA® Naturalle™ and Ultra Lite fabric
- A chic, loose fitting, easy-to-wear vest top for everyday wear with CORDURA® Baselayer and Naturalle™ fabric
- Pants designed with a modern universal fit that works for different body types with CORDURA® Canvas and Naturalle™ fabric
Follow CORDURA® brand on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram to catch a sneak peek of the collection. And, be sure to check it out at the official launch party during the Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2015.
Launch Party Details: August 6, 4 - 6 p.m. at booth #39213. Free beer and shrimp!
This collection was sponsored by the CORDURA® brand and made possible by the collaboration of three industry leaders in fabrics, cut and sew and bonding technologies.
- CORDURA® brand fabrics: versatile new soft comfort CORDURA® fabrics for cotton look and feel, coupled with advanced durability, stretch and moisture-wicking.
- Bemis: sew-free bonding technologies for seam strength and technologies that allow for free airflow in and out of the garments.
- Youngone: advanced cut-and-sew techniques to deliver the caliber of craftsmanship needed in the intricate details of the collection.
- "As an ingredient fabric brand, we want to inspire designers to do more with the materials to make their fresh, creative ideas come to life. This collaboration is the epitome of that mission. We not only had the honor of collaborating with one of the leading minds in the design community, but we were a part of creating something bigger –a gateway to forward-thinking design in the activewear apparel of today.” – Cindy McNaull, CORDURA® brand
- “When CORDURA® brand showed me the collection of new soft comfort fabrics, including CORDURA® Naturalle™, Ultra Lite, Baselayer and Canvas, I was so inspired to do something with them. We started brainstorming a new direction of what women's outdoor apparel could look like utilizing these amazing fabrics. And it evolved organically from there.” – Michelle Rose, Struktur Studio
- “Working on the CORDURA® + Struktur Studio Collection proved that a small team comprised of experts in their respective fields can really elevate the vision of a project. Michelle is naturally collaborative, so it was easy to go back and forth on iterations of each garments. We tested which Bemis Sewfree products would work well with her ideas and inspiration, and then leaned on Youngone to see if it was feasible. What resulted is a collection that showcases the kind of garment that the active woman will long to wear.” – Jessica Hemmer, Bemis
- “Youngone began working with bonded and welded applications from 1999, and has valued working with Bemis from the start. Likewise, the CORDURA® brand has been an important mark of performance to many of our buyers and consumers, and it has always been our pleasure to use this reliable premium product.” – Rick Fowler, Youngone
In the News:
Fibre2Fashion - CORDURA® Partners with Michelle Rose for Second Designer Line: http://www.fibre2fashion.com/news/textile-news/newsdetails.aspx?news_id=174010
RANGE Magazine - The Indelible Thread of CORDURA®: Meet the Maker Part One:http://thisisrange.com/the-indelible-thread-of-cordura-meet-the-maker-part-one/