CORDURA® SDN Fabric Technology
On the battlefield, soldiers need to stay strong and blend in. That means they need reliable gear to help protect them – made with fabric that’s not only durable, but with color that lasts. Inspired by our servicemen and women, we’ve worked to develop solutions that meet these needs by fighting against some of the toughest barriers, like night vision goggle detection avoidance and degradative effects of sunlight UV fading. Meet SDN – our revolutionary CORDURA® brand Solution Dyed Nylon technology.
- Legacy, dull/matte CORDURA® fabric look
- Built-in colorfastness and lot-to-lot color uniformity
- Complies with US military spec NIR (Near Infrared) requirements
- After accelerated UV exposure testing, proven to fade significantly less in sunlight than comparable weight/construction piece-dyed fabrics
- Helps disguise soldiers in combat in both visible and NIR/night time operations
- Demonstrates sustainability benefits by requiring less water, energy and CO2 emissions compared to comparable weight piece-dyed fabrics.*
*2013 LCA study based on the average comparison of conventional level acid Piece Dyeing to SDN at 3 independent/3rd party dyeing and finishing mills located in China, Taiwan and Korea.