CORDURA® Combat Wool™ fabric
The comfort and aesthetics of wool with the durability of nylon
CORDURA® Combat Wool™ fabric offers the comfort and aesthetics of wool with the durability of nylon. Fabrics are constructed with Merino wool and nylon 6,6 fibers in a variety of styles and constructions. Options include baselayer/mid-layer knits, double face wovens, canvas, ripstop, twills, dobby and stretch woven fabrics. Even styles for socks. It can be a battlefield out there. Now you’re ready.
- The authentic look, comfort, and feel of traditional 100% Merino wool fabrics with built-in long-lasting durability.
- Woven fabrics constructed with a an intimate blend of nylon and merino wool offer up to 10X better abrasion resistance, 2.1X better tensile and 1.4X better tear resistance vs 100% merino wool fabrics while maintaining the same look and feel.*
- Enhanced abrasion resistance, tensile and tear resistance compared to 100% Merino wool fabrics
- Knit and sock fabrics constructed with intimate blends of Merino wool and INVISTA nylon 6,6 staple fibers offer enhanced tear and abrasion resistance.
- CORDURA® Combat Wool™ fabrics feature the tradition and comfort of wool and the heritage of the CORDURA® brand which has proven performance in some of the world’s toughest environments.
*Independent lab test June-2014, compared identical 100% wool vs wool+ nylon fabrics
What Our Design Community Thinks
"Working with CORDURA® Combat Wool™ is fantastic because of its robust nature in holding shape. Stretch woven CORDURA® Combat Wool™ is a lighter-weight ripstop and more diverse fabric than other wool fabrics. The surprising aspect of CORDURA® Combat Wool™ was its ability to stretch like a dense fleece while maintaining a great recovery." - Alex Valdman, Lifestyle Designer
Typical Fabric Constructions
Knits: Baselayer/Mid-layer and Sock constructions
Wovens: Canvas, Ripstop, Twills, Dobby and Stretch Wovens
Double Weaves: Nylon face/Merino wool back
Qualifying INVISTA Yarn Types
Flat = filament non textured, AJT = air-jet textured, FTT = false-twist textured